Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Standing up for Anthems and Patriotism






Without trying to be disrespectful, when the rest of the world thinks of Americans we think of those obnoxious people who think they own the world.

I do know that not all Americans are those annoying tourists who should be taken out the back and shot for their lack of understanding that the rest of the world doesn’t operate under the same standards as the US of A.

However, having said that the Americans are very patriotic, like the English and French they will stand and sing their national anthem with gusto and passion and that has to be admired.

So where is this leading? I am just wondering about the New Zealand anthem and how it starts off in Maori and then reverts to the English part, it does nothing for me as far as being patriotic unlike the Australian anthem.

My favourite anthem has to be the Russian one although I have no idea what it means I get goose bumps every time I hear it.

Have a listen.



Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...