Saturday, May 30, 2009

Covert

something about you,
i think I know,
part of you real,
some is for show,
there is no indication,
no something to touch,
nothing is real,
cos i want it to much.
words sometimes so unkind,
beckoning me inside,
don’t stop,
just got started.

something about me,
you want to know,
i get you to take or leave it,
just let life unfold,
want a piece of my action,
let me slip inside,
covert actions,
youré gonna park and ride,
tragedy unfolds,
don’t stop,
we just got started.


Steve Boddey May 2009

9 comments:

paisley said...

so much still hidden
so much still to know.....

Dee Martin said...

so much we do keep hidden and so much for show. We all have that need to really know someone else and to be known and accepted. Good one.

Lion-ess said...

such a cool poem!!

Tumblewords: said...

Well layered - I'm thinking by the time covert becomes overt, it'll be too late! :) Nice work.

b said...

I just think you need to set these to music...I almost hum a tune when I read them.

b

keith said...

I'm putting you up for Poet Lauriate.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Steve, greatly told poem that speaks of the who and what we are. I agree, setting this to music would be cool.

Mothers in Arms

quin browne said...

lovely, as always

gautami tripathy said...

Love is like that..

two sides of the same coin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...