Monday, October 12, 2015

The Lazy Cook




Although the title may imply it I am not actually lazy because I do all the prep work and am very methodical. It is just that if I can get away with not using too many pots and pans I will.

I will in most cases look for healthier options when thinking about a meal like tonight we will be having fish and chips. Rather than batter I will crumb them with wholegrain bread crumbs and shallow fry in rice bran oil. The chips will be potato wedges coated with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil place on baking paper that lines a baking tray and into the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked to my liking.

The fish of course will be fresh and trimmed so that it cooks evenly. Vegetables are whatever is available and I steam them where ever possible that is of course if we decide to have veggies.

Fish n Chips, easy, healthy and tasting good.

Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...