Monday, September 28, 2015

My Music




I don’t know what it is these days but most of the music these days is shockingly bad. I remember going to a bar where they had the boom boom music playing and I mentioned to my mate as I was drinking my second beer that the song was a long one.

Looking at me with a puzzled look he informed me that there had been five songs played. They all sounded the same to me.

I am from the generation where music meant something, where songs made you think and made you happy and sometimes sad. The era I am from gives you music that is still relevant today. When I hear my music there are certain songs that bring back memories of where you were, what you were doing and who you were with.

There were some great bands like Deep Purple, Bad Company, Free, Mountain, Supertramp, Hendrix, Cream, Vanilla Fudge, Elf, Sabbath,Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Stones, Beatles and the list goes on and on.


Maybe I am getting too old to appreciate today’s music or maybe and more likely, my music was the best there is.

Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...