Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Story Time Part 24

The story starts here

King of Dreams
by
Harry N Down

The phone rings. It seems like an eternity till it gets answered.

“Hello.”
“Good day is Chetna there please?”
‘Steve! Is that you? How are you? What is Japan like? Are you calling from there?” Chetna is excited.
She speaks fast and it is very hard to understand her at times. Although her grasp of English is very good she can mumble sometimes and the words “Pardon” and” What did you say” often pop into our conversations.
“I am fine. I was wondering if you would like to come out to dinner.”
“When?”
“On Monday evening.”
“Where?”
“Sunni’s Bar and Eat House.”
“Where is that?”
“Somewhere in Delhi!”
“Oh very funny Steve.”
“All I know it is about 50 mins drive from the hotel.”
“Which hotel?”
“What is this, 100 questions for a million dollars?”
“I have taken this week off so it should be ok. Are you alright you sound a bit grumpy.”
“Chetna, I am fine. Would you like to bring your mother to?”
“Are you being funny?”
“NO! I am serious. I am in Delhi now. Staying at the Taj Mahal Hotel. Japan was not where we wanted to stay. Therefore, we came directly here. Been here a day or two.”
“I’ll ask Mom and let you know.”
“I’ll arrange a cab to pick you up and drop you off ok?”
“Yes. That would be good. I cannot wait to meet you. What should I wear?”
“Clothes would be a good start. What ever you feel comfortable in.”
Chetna laughs. “My birthday suit?”
“Just so long as you are comfortable with it yes that will be fine.” My turn to laugh.
“I can’t believe you are here. After all this time, you are here in my Country. Coming to see me.”
We talk for a little while then she has to go. I hang up and smile to myself. “India’s not that bad after all.”

To be continued ............. here

1 comment:

JJ said...

Okay. I'll follow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...