Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Story Time Part 9

The story starts here



King of Dreams
by
Harry N Down


I sit in the dining area. The table has seating for eight. There are bottles of white wine in coolers and a couple of bottles of red already opened sitting on the table. Baskets of fresh bread rolls are also placed on the table.

I take a swig of beer and look around as the area empties out as diners start heading home. I am feeling all alone when Crystal comes and sits next to me. “You ok love? You must be excited. You thought about what you’re going to spend your money on?”
I look at her with a wry smile “Nope not really. Kind of thought I would wait a bit and have a think.”
“Mind if I get a glass of wine?” She asks picking up a glass and pouring herself a drink.
Another look at the clock. 8:45pm.

“How ya going mate?” Kev says as he parks his butt on a chair and pours himself a red. “I hear you had a bit of luck tonight.”
“You call 7 million a bit of luck?” I look at him stunned by his remark.
Well blow me over with a feather if Kev didn’t spray a mouth full of red across the table.
“7 million how the hell did ya manage that?”
After spending a good half hour explaining things the dinner arrived. Brad, John and Isaac sat with us.

Natural oysters, salt and pepper squid, garlic and herb bread, spread across the table in their own platters, as we talked. Everyone helped themselves to the delights that lay before us.

The main course was Barramundi topped with a hollandaise sauce, surrounded by asparagus and julienne carrots. The Barramundi was on a bed of jasmine rice. I had mine with chips, much to Kev’s disgust.
Desert was sticky date pudding. Naturally, I declined, being a non-desert person of some note.

Cheese, and crackers where placed on the table once everything had been cleared. We started to indulge in conversation relating to the Lotto win.
Brad had wanted to use the win as a promotion gimmick for the place I agreed to it if my identity remained unknown.
Kev suggested something along the lines of “Who was the lucky regular.”

Brad reluctantly agreed to keep it that way. “Bloody hell Brad you’ll be getting some of it back, we come here often enough.” The conversation soon moved on to the hospitality industry and on that note I took my leave.
“I’m heading home. Thanks for everything; I’ll catch you all later.”
Crystal had also decided to call it a night and I offered to walk her home as it was on my way.
We decided to walk along the beachfront as it was a warm barmy evening or pretty close to morning by the time, we left.
The waves were gently lapping the shoreline as we walked and talked about just general things. The air was fresh and soothing to a body that was full of wonderfully cooked food and some fine wine.
We stopped outside her place and said our goodnights. Just before I headed off, she threw her arms around me and kissed me. A soft yet passionate kiss that had me wondering whether to embrace her and not let go. I held her close returning her kiss with passion.

“Goodnight Steve and thank you for inviting me to join you.” She gave that smile she only gives to those she trusts.
“Goodnight Crystal, catch you later eh.”
I watched her walk inside and then headed off home. Life was feeling good or was it all the booze I had consumed kicking in. It did not matter; I was tired and fulfilled, at least for now.

My bed beckons and I oblige. Leaving my clothes on the floor and falling into bed and into a dream world that was so very peaceful.


To be continued ......................here

1 comment:

KB said...

It's all good babe xxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...