Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Story Time Part 10

The story starts here

King of Dreams
by
Harry N Down

It was after midday before I woke. Kev had left a note saying he would be home early so we could talk. I figured it would be about what we were going to spend the money. I was wrong!


I had spent the rest of the day at the Lottery Commission organising what had to be done with the winnings. 14 days before it would be placed in my bank account. 14 days to think, settle down, before making decisions.
I was sitting outside when Kev got home. He went and showered, dressed grabbed two beers from the fridge and handed me one. “Cheers”
“So when do you want me to move out?” He asked with no sentiment in his voice.
Well I nearly choked on the mouthful I had just taken.
“You don’t have to move out.” I said somewhat roughly.
“Well I figured you would want to move on, ya know with all that money ya will get.”
“Bugga off Kev, ya not going anywhere.” “We are staying put, but I have been thinking about travelling. Remember we talked about it, seeing some of those internet friends of mine.”

Kev looked at me as I lit a smoke. “You serious?”
“Bloody Oath I am! We are going to travel. Besides it was your frigging idea to do it anyway.”
Kev looked pensive. “We’ll have to plan it and work out visas and stuff like that. Where ya thinking of going.” His mind was ticking over working out all that we would need to do and arrange.
“5 places. Japan, India and 3 in the States. Haven’t thought about which 3 but Minnesota and North Carolina are 2, the other I need to think about.”
“Hmm, well we have plenty of time to plan and organise things, but yeah! I like that idea. I could do with a break from work. How long ya reckon we will go for?”
“Haven’t thought that far. I am kind of, soaking in the feeling.” I say softly.
“Ha! There was me expecting the big heave ho!” Kev look relieved.
“We’re mates Kev. Always have been always will be. How could you think I would not share?”
“Sorry Steve, Bloody Hell! I am sometimes allowed a bit of latitude eh!”
Kev says with frustration in his words

“Never had a friend like you. Ya do not take board, ya never ask for nought; maybe because ya never had it .I just thought ya might just want to move on.”
“I’ve never had a mate like you Kev! Ya staying and ya going to come travelling with me. End of story!”
“I noticed Crystal has taken a shine to you.” Kev’s voice has a sarcastic tone.
“Yeah right! She has 7 million reasons to like me now.” I laugh.
“She has always liked ya. The only guy who isn’t continually trying to get in her pants.”
“That’s only because her pants are too small.” I blurt out mockingly.
Kev laughed a hearty laugh. “Another beer mate?” he asked as he got up heading straight for the fridge.
“Is the pope catholic?” I inquired.

Over the next few weeks, I organise all the paper work for visas and passports. Kev and I fill them in and I drop them off. More in the hope, they will be processed quicker. Who knows how governments work?
We get the modern passports that are supposed to be foolproof. Yeah right! We will see eh.
After two weeks, I get a phone call from my credit union asking me if I would like advice on investments, as I now have 7 Million dollars in my account.

“Oh really I say.” With a touch, just a, hint of sarcasm.
What I end up doing is, investing 5 million and keeping two on a Visa debt card.
I get 5% per annum on 5 million, which gives me an income of 250,000 Australian dollars per year less tax. I figure, if I cannot survive on that there is something seriously wrong with me.
I run all this past Kev, and he is very happy. “We can blow 2 million and not have a care in the world eh.”
We will travel business class, stay in sensibly priced hotels and have a good time.
I set up a shared Visa Debt account. Giving both of us a card with access to funds from the one account.
Any interest from the other investment will automatically be transferred into a savings account that we can transfer money from when required. This gives us an extra $20,000 Aus dollar per month if required, of course.
I just cannot imagine spending that much in a month. I do realise, we will be paying for our stay in places where hotels are not suitable but $20,000 a month.
The headaches this causes is incredible, I have not even told my friends I or rather we are coming.
I decide to organise things first or rather those that I can. Then I will email them with the news.
If we cannot catch up then Kev and I will have a look around or do something else. Preparing for all circumstances is the nightmare. However, we will be fine; we always go with the flow.

To be continued ...................here

1 comment:

KB said...

You do realise you're going to have to finish this story soon xxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...