Saturday, May 16, 2009

A womans View part 4

Arriving at my place we unloaded the Ute and were greeted by my dogs.
I had forgotten to tell him about them.

I felt exhausted and told him so.
“Coffee?”
“Yes please” I said without thinking.
Good grief! He’s taken over my kitchen. How the hell does he do that?
I was too tired to bother.

The coffee was perfect.
There is something about a cup of coffee especially when some one else make it.
It is either foul or simply divine.
“My God!” he makes a wonderful cup of coffee.

He stood at the kitchen bench searching drawers and cupboards. He put everything away. Cleared out my fridge and the reloaded it so as to make way for the booze he had brought. Reorganised my pantry. Then started sorting out the meat. Placing each piece into the freezer bags and labelling them.
He was only staying for a week yet he had brought enough to last a whole winter.

“There should be enough ta see you through for a couple of weeks after I leave.”
He muttered.
I sat in my chair all nice and comfy. Sipping my coffee and to be honest I was thinking of absolutely nothing. My mind was in no mans land.
I hadn’t even thought of showing him around. He just seemed to know where everything was. If he didn’t he soon found it.
I was beginning to feel like I was the visitor not the visitee. Is that a word?

After finishing my coffee I got up to feed the dogs.
We brushed past each other in the kitchen.
He looked deep into my eyes and I into his. There was a moment when I felt, I felt that he was trying to read my mind or trying to tell me something without speaking.
That smile, that wry smile he has. Makes me think he has the devil inside of him.
Not in a bad way but he is always smiling and happy. Nothing seems to faze him or even bother him. He just goes merrily about his business with not a care in the world.

It is strange how I allowed him to just take over.
He just knows what to say and to do.
I had been feeling hungry and had been going to ask what he wanted or if he was hungry when he promptly said.
“Gonna knock up a steak sandwich. Ya want one?”

A womans view part 5


Whitesnakes do it better ........ el naturale

1 comment:

paisley said...

i'll have one too please.....

and you know steve this is just lovely... just lovely....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...