Sunday, April 5, 2009

One eye to Morocco

One eye to Morocco and the other to the Caucasus.

I think we all need to take a break from blogging and rejuvenate the creative forces that we all have.
Seems to me that taking a break gets us to revaluate the direction in in which we want our lives to go.

Believe it or not I have seen more of NZ in the past few months than I have Australia in the 40 years I lived there. Strange ways indeed.
This weekend I watched my first Rugby Union game down in a place called Hamilton. Just a local game nothing spectacular but none the less enjoyable.
The sun was beating down and the best shade was in the bar area with some kids and a couple of to die for barmaids.

Tried my first Waikato draught beer. Finally opened a bottle of beer with just a lighter, well opened 4 ta be correct. Tasted my first lot of decent fish n chips with scallops and fried chicken. Had my first taste of corn fritters. Went to some mountain where they laid to rest the Maori queen. Gazed over the mighty Waikato River. Downed a few beers with some down ta earth Maoris. Learnt a little bit about the culture and met some mighty fine peeps. All in all a good day out.

Got home and went straight ta bed as I was a wee bit worse for wear. (How odd!)

Our container has finally been delivered and we now have all our personal stuff here which actually adds to the comfort of living here. A few of my discs for the PC have been warped whilst sitting in the container but other than a few dents in the fridge no other damage done.

This weekend coming is Easter and we have the family coming over which will be really cool.

My first wife Deb let my youngest daughter give me her home phone number so I could ring her and talk with her which was ultra cool so thanks Deb
.
I missed out on a job at a major shopping centre not cos I wasn’t good enough but purely on the basis of an internal transfer within the company and now they like me so much I have another interview this week so that they can have me on their books.
Now that is so cool aye?

Met a guy called Steve who I introduced ta blogging right about the time I took a break. We had a few chuckles over the fact some peeps thought we were one in the same. Serious Black is or rather has a similar sense of humour ta mine and we do think a lot a like. He was fascinated by the blogging world and how there are so many talented peeps around.

Well for now that’s me done. I am off ta get a feed. You all take care and stay safe.

Whitesnakes do it better ………… All the time babe all the time

4 comments:

morningstar said...

well i am rather glad you introduced this Serious Black on your site.. he has been hanging around the Journey recently ..... now it isn't that i dont' like visitors just sometimes one wonders ya know???

good to see you back as well..

morningstar (owned by Warren)

Buffalo said...

You sure you didn't tell everyone that his blog was your new one?

Keshi said...

yeyy I knew that was u! ;-)

Keshi.

Whitesnake said...

Littleone,
We met in a pub, how werid is that?
I pointed him to your blog and many others to show how different people are ....... He has my sense of humour so I am sure ya will be able ta keep him in line. A quick crack of the whip maybe?

Buff,
Yes and No. What I meant was I would use it if I felt the need to post something. Sorry if this misled some people.
I found out that there is only one Whitesnake and I am it, just as there could only be one Buffalo and that would be you.

Keshi,
I would have posted there for sure. I still may do.
Everyone knows me as Whitesnake and it's a tag I am stuck with. Whether I like it or not I am known by association to the name Whitesnake, I found it hard to get away from. When I stopped posting I missed it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...