Monday, November 17, 2008

Whitesnakes work is never done.

Work comes in stops and starts. Sometimes I get regular work, sometimes I get nothing but a Thursday night and other times there is not enough days in the week.

Having to say no to work is somethingI have to get use to, other wise I would burn out and be unable to do my job properly.
I am finding that the more times I work the better I get at it. Natural aye?

The thing that gets me though is that I will get a call at the last moment asking me to work at some far distant planet. They know I don't drive and that I rely on public transport but the still insist on calling me to do a middle of the night shift.

One of the funniest things that happened was getting a call to work the local mall being asked if I could work 5pm to 9. "Yep no problem"
No problem??????
Get to the place and find out it is 5pm to 9am 16 hrs straight. Long and strenuous but I made it through. As soon as I got home the call came through to see if I could work that afternoon.

The polite version of the answer was "No thank you"

I must say though I love my job.

Whitesnakes do it better ...........when ya work at it!

3 comments:

paisley said...

just in the last year or so did i learn how to say no on the job... it took me forever,, but i tell you,, it is the best feeling in the world to be able to say no instead of hating myself for saying yes.....

James Shott said...

Glad things are going well, Steve.

JP/deb said...

Whitesnakes keep it lively! Glad you're enjoying work :)

Peace & love,
JP/deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...