Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Story Time Part 6

The story starts here

King of Dreams
by
Harry N Down

Sometimes when he had his friends around I felt like I was on that program “Queer eye for the straight guy” Still they meant well and besides most of the time, they were right.

Every 4 weeks I would be off to the salon to get my haircut. I was not allowed to the barbers, OH NO! It had to be the salon where your hair is cut (that includes nose, ears, and the nether regions if you wanted) nails tidied up, a good facial scrub eyebrows sorted.

I was totally out of my depth here but in time, I got use to it and actually appreciated the fact that I felt good about myself and my confidence was starting to show through.

“Ever thought of a triple X?” Kev remarked one day.
“WHAT!”
“Yeah, Women do it all the time so why not men? Makes ya old fellow look good and bigger, although it is all an illusion.”
“Leave it out mate, if I did that I would know I was turning!”
“Where’s ya sense of adventure?”
I just shook my head. He had done it again. Planted a seed and I found myself wondering what it would be like.
“Nah!”
“You cheeky bastard!” I thought.

Our sense of humour was certainly similar. I never found anything he said offensive nor did he find anything I said to be too brutal. We got on just fine.
We bounced off each other and not in a dodgy way!

Koryuki, like Chetna is a very shy woman. 32 years old and living at home with her elderly mother. They live in a 2-bedroom apartment in the city of Utsunomiya, Tochigi Japan.
She works odd hours, but never actually told me what she does.
Short jet-black hair and a face that melts your heart. The sort of woman who could make a dead man rise. She loves shopping and often talks about the Bell Mall situated some two kms from the railway station. Koryuki is single, she often tells me she has no interest in getting married nor having a boyfriend.
We normally discuss music. We have similar tastes and Japan has an amazing variety of music from all over the world not just its own culture.

I find the time differences annoying. In most cases, I am ready for bed when my friends are ready to chat. My job however does afford me the luxury of staying up late to accommodate these minor inconveniences. It is the stillness of the night and gentle tap on the keyboard that makes for a rhapsody of calmness and serenity rarely found in this world with its race to be here or there.

On warm evenings one can here the waves lapping at the shoreline, cool breezes from the ocean blowing gently through the window. In winter, though the windows are shut, one can still hear the Oceans waves crashing, pounding the beachfront. Rain pelting the landscape. An artic chill can be felt as the wind howls across the shore. Windows rattle. The trees bend and sway. It has a beauty to it, a beauty of its own. One can feel alone at these times, isolated in the nighttime hours. I do not feel alone me feel at peace. As the dawn comes forth, the noise of the morning commuters increases. I only notice because the tranquillity slowly becomes lost with the added outside influences. Cars driving past. The occasional truck carrying its goods. Some local walking the dog. As the morning, progresses there are sounds of schoolchildren heading off to school. Birds are singing their morning songs and then of course Kevin putting on the kettle and moaning about having to go to work.

Standing there in his robe, he prepares a coffee for himself and a cup of tea for me.

We have a general chitchat about how he slept and how I got on over the wee hours of the morning. We discuss our plans for the day. I suggest we go out for dinner at the local. He agrees to meet me there after work and then we will head home for an early night.

To be continued .........here

2 comments:

KB said...

Looking forward to the next part xxxx

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. Wedding Dress Shops, Battery Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots A line Princess Wedding Dresses

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...