Monday, December 7, 2015

Anxiety Central




I have been suffering anxiety for quite a long time. It now appears to be a constant companion that I have grown accustom to having around so therefore have adapted, unintentionally my mindset so I don’t pick up the warning signs.

Each sufferer of anxiety etc has their own triggers, warning signs as well as ways of coping or even not coping. For the last few weeks I have been left alone with no pressure to find work so my anxiety levels have remained constant.

I have been put on different anxiety tablets with the only effect I have felt is tiredness and sleeping longer as well as dreaming more often.

I am finding it challenging to maintain a continual improvement in reducing my alcohol intake, however small improvements are certainly better than none.

A small note in my journal is made every morning. I try to write as much as I can remember about what I achieved, what I dreamt and how I am feeling. It is a long slow process.

My challenge is to accept that I cannot change as quickly as I would like, therefore releasing self imposed pressure on myself to reach my goals promptly. Hopefully this will ease some of my anxiety levels.

CBT tomorrow, we shall see what that brings.


Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...