Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tv Series of the 60s 70s 80s




It is no surprise that back in the day TV series were all the rage I would enjoy watching Hogan’s Heroes or Dads Army (A UK Show) about World War 2 then came the crime shows The Avengers, Dragnet and Hawaii Five O.

It was no surprise that back in the day science fiction and espionage became all the rage with Star Trek, Outer Limits, Thunderbirds, Twilight Zone, Dr Who, fringe, Torchwood, and The man from U, N, C, L, E.

Who can forget Logan’s Run, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea then there is Quantum Leap oh and do you remember Time Tunnel and The Invaders or The Invisible man series. Then we had Battlestar Galactica, Old Buck Rogers, Alien Nation and V. Who ever watched Blake’s 7 (a UK series), Night Stalker with Darren McGavin as Karl Kolchak and Primeval. With the recent movie coming out Planet of the Apes series must also get a mention.

I always liked a good western or frontier program like Daniel Boone with Fess Parker playing the lead. I really enjoyed Cheyenne with Clint Walker being a gentle giant. There were the usual TV series like Bonanza and Gunsmoke which I could take or leave but give me The Rifleman, Maverick, Big Valley, The Virginian and my all time favourite Wagon Train.

There were also slightly different shows like Rin Tin Tin and F-Troop, Cisco Kid, Kung Fu, Laramie and Grizzly Addams but to name a few.

It would be a down right same if I didn’t mention Little House on the Prairie and the lovely Jane Seymour in Dr Quinn Medicine Woman

I have certainly have crammed a lot of TV into my life and it never seems to end. You think of one show and it leads to another which leads to another and on we go and this all started from a comment left by someone I know go figure.

Author Steve Boddey


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...