Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Moments D. Day

Not sure if I should be sharing this but today I am a free man.
A DIVORCED man.
Isn't that a dirty word!

I am grateful for the lessons I have learned and am certainly happy with my present situation. Actually, more than happy, totally at peace and content with who I am and where I am at!

For the second time in my life I have been married and then  parted ways.
I am not sure what it is with my family, they seem to disappear and lose contact with you when these things happen. I guess for all their good natured intent they really can't handle these kind of situations.

Enough Said!
. At no time did any of my family check that I was ok or that the kids were ok when the first marriage went out the window. No one stood by to listen. Maybe they didn't want to know.

I am  grateful however to one who in the early part gave me and the girls a roof over our heads.

Strangely enough although I am a forgiving person I now carry the anger for these so called family members that have turned their back on their own kind.

It has been just recently that I have received information that they have said things, believed things that have no truth and spread the lies
They are the people that didn't even seek the TRUTH!

The worst bit is that I have seen it happen within my family several times.
I just do not understand people who pass judgement on others without obtaining both sides of the coin. More to the point one shouldn't judge another anyway.

No, I haven't turned my back on my family, my door is always open, always will be.
I just need to vent my frustration and anger at those I saw as people I thought I could rely on!

Alas, family, my family took it upon themselves to pass judgement and that I can not change.
It did however show their true colours, yet, who am I to to say who is right or wrong!
Sometimes one just needs the opportunity to state their perspective.

Today I am a free man.
Today I am wiser, stronger and more forgiving.
Alas, although I am more understanding of the failings in our family ( including myself,) I am less tolerant of those that supposedly knew me best, yet, never knew me at all and that my friends is a sad thing!

Whitesnakes do it better ............... With a bite that can be lethal!

3 comments:

KB said...

Finally, you're all mine xxxx

Romeo Morningwood said...

I'm glad that you can manage to find light in dark places. We're all finding our way, learning as we go.

carpe annum

Elizabeth said...

Now this sounds a bit like my life, a long time ago, but not forgotten,

Elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...