Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A woman's view

He came through the terminal and out through customs. He looked tired and ragged.
Looking around he soon spotted me and I waved to him like a teenager at a concert. I felt so stupid.
Kissing my cheek he introduced himself and started talking about his trip and how wonderful it was to finally catch up after all this time.
“You look stunning” he told me. I blushed and told him not to be silly.

For the first time in a long time I laughed like I have never laughed before.
He has that effect on people. Even as we walked to the car he talked to complete strangers as if they were people he had know all his life.

I drove him to the hotel.
He continually looked this way and that. Looking at anything and everything. He seemed ta take everything in. A bit like a sponge.
He talked none stop.
Not that I thought it was annoying, I was actually relieved he had take the lead. It saved me from speaking and making a fool of myself.

“I am sorry Sir but there has been a mistake made with your bookings.”
“Oh My God” I thought what now.
He just stood there and rubbed his eye.
Listened to the excuses and merely asked what room was available.
They gave him or should I say us, a room with two double beds.
“You don’t mind sharing.” He asked me.
“Err no “I mumbled without thinking.
We were taken to our room.
It was actually quite tastefully decorated.
He looked around checking the bathroom and the kitchen area.
“Which bed do you want?”
I looked at both beds and pointed to the one nearest the window.
“I am going to need a few hours sleep. Could you get this money changed over for me?” he threw down a wad of notes on to the table.
“Get whatever we may need.” He stretched out and then proceeded to undress.
Pulling back the covers he slid into bed and almost immediately fell asleep.

I stood there stunned.
I have just picked up a strange man from the airport. I am spending the night in an expensive hotel and due to circumstances I am now sleeping in the same room.
The guy strips off in front of me as if it were the normal thing to do and trusts me with a whole lot of money.

As he turned over to face away from me he spoke.
“It could be worse. We could be sharing the bed as well.”
He read my mind!


A womans view part 2
Whitesnakes do it better ......... Of course they do!

7 comments:

paisley said...

you already know i love your writing,,, but i do need to tell you this was wonderful........

Corina said...

I agree with Paisley...this was wonderful. It kept me reading to see what was going to come up next.

Excellent writing!

Anonymous said...

LoL. Cool story. I truly enjoyed it!

CordieB.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that has interfered... I understand this question. Let's discuss. Write here or in PM.

George S Batty said...

interesting...intriguing...jaw dropping...gripping...what the...
and funny

Unknown said...

More! Would love to know what happens next!

Belva Rae Staples said...

What a funny story! I hope there's more to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...