Sunday, May 3, 2009

True Confessions.



As my old mate Jack said once, “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

These words ring true with nearly all of us. Shame really. We shudder away from how others perceive us, what others say about us and when society dictates, we also allow the truth to fade into the background.

I always try telling the truth. It is extremely difficult especially in this world we live in. To be honest, in this world right now, truth counts for nothing.

Imagine if you will, telling someone what you really thought! Could you really do it?

Many times I have been told.
“STEPHEN! You can’t say that!”
“Why not? It’s the truth.”

Got me stuffed, she wanted ta know if her pants looked good and all I said was they made her look like the ass end of a baboon.”
Which was true and so many others agreed. Trouble was I said it aye.
They didn’t. They just thought it.
Sigh!
“You just can’t say things like that. It’s impolite and rude.”
“WHAT? To tell the truth and say things as they really are?”
“Now Steve you are just being silly.”

Being silly my willy!
It is being truthful and honest. I don’t want the woman walking around in those pants looking like the ass end of a baboon and neither does she.
People will be laughing behind her back.
The fact that no one was prepared ta say anything begs the question. Do they really truly care about the person huh?
Obviously not!

I just do not get it.
We have kids and when they are babies we are holding, them kissing them and trying ta get them ta talk and when they do talk, we want them ta shut up!
“Sssh ya fathers trying ta say something.”
“Why do you keep asking me questions?”
What is this with parents? “Will ya please be quiet for a little while?”
What the hell is a little while?
Does the child have some sort of timeframe for talking or trying ta understand, what the hell is going on? Trying to gain input. Trying ta learn stuff so mummy and daddy can be proud.
Geez, give the kid a break.

NOW!
Ya also get the little shit that wont shut the fuck up and his mummy and daddy are oblivious ta what the little shit is up too.
“Oh that’s Jonny being his little self.”
“Yeah well would ya mind telling the little bugga ta put down my wife’s best china before he breaks it?””
Whoops.
“I do hope it wasn’t expensive.”

“HEY! Get ya grubby fingers outta my DVD player”
“Stephen! There is no need ta shout. He is only doing what he sees his mummy and daddy doing and try’s ta copy.” “Isn’t he cute?”

Silently mumbling ta myself “Little shit needs a dose of discipline if ya ask me.”

SEE! This is the problem right. They did ask me and when I told em what I thought, when I uttered the TRUTH. They didn’t want ta know!

People are always saying ta me about comments on blogs.
I mean MY comments on blogs.
How sometimes they may seem a tad over the top. A wee bit abrasive.
“Oh ya mean insulting, cheeky or down right rude.”
“Well I wouldn’t have put it like that but yes.”
“OF COURSE ya wouldn’t put it like that. Ya NEVER speak the truth. Ya hide behind politeness and etiquette. Ya beat around the bush like a bird looking for a root in springtime.”

Tell it like it is! Shoot from the lip!
Speak ya mind! Bare ya bum if ya think it will help!
“Steve mate, ya drink too much, ya smoke too much and ya must have a bit of rabbit genes in ya.”
“Thanks mate for ya honesty.”
“Oh and ya colourful language annoys the crap outta me.”
“Ok mate I get what ya saying.”
“While I am at it. Ya dress sense sucks and ya need ta clean yaself up a bit ya looking kind of daggy.”
“Yeah Mate I get what ya saying.”
“What’s all this bullshit ya keep writing about? Ya stories and ya poetry. Ya a poofter of something?”
Pulling out the Magnum 44. One shot drops him where he stands.

BUT!
Get this!
“You look really good in that picture.”
“You are just saying that.”

“WELL EXCUSE ME!”

Whitesnakes do it better ……….. When ya can handle the truth.

4 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Laughing! This is a great take on confession ~ you write it like no one else can.

Mom's Fortress of Solitude said...

Love it! A "no-holds-barred," "take it or leave it" twist on confessions!

I'd hate to see you in as a judge in criminal court. "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth . . . forget about it! You look guilty! Lock 'em up, Bailiff!"

So as long as you're on this truth kick, tell Mr. Hoffa it's ok to come home, now. LOL

paisley said...

i love your comments. i love the way you say things... sometimes i laugh my ass off and other times i think hey he might have something there,, but i always get something out of your comments...

Dee Martin said...

Life's short - you might as well say it like you see it. I'd rather have that than someone who smiles and says "bless your heart" when they are really thinking "what a schmuck"
At least people know where they stand with you!

You can comment on my posts anytime - I periodically need my ass kicked (metaphorically that is)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...