Sunday, February 24, 2019

Nothing to Lose





her phone number scribbled inside my brain,
good loving gone bad, it’s all the same,
got a sweet reputation, she had done it all,
pulled me in, then watched me fall,
never told the truth, never told a lie,
make a dead man rise, make a blind man cry,
a seeker of love, with nothing to lose.

made her plans, in the bedroom mirror,
with a wave of her hand, I became a sinner,
she took me in, then she took my seed,
told them all, I was a man of greed,
laughed in my face, then slapped me bad,
they say a man don’t hurt, when he's sad,
a seeker of love, with nothing to lose.

now she wants mercy, she now wants love,
legs in the air, reach for heaven above,
words like I love you, chill my broke soul,
she be the reason, the world gone cold,
what a beautiful mover, well what can i say?
shake my heart and mind  as I’m walking away,
I was seeker of love, with nothing to lose.

Author Steve Boddey


10 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh this is a story well told that so many can relate to. The arena of love is not for the faint-hearted. He was wise to walk away.

Wendy Bourke said...

This is brilliant writing! The lyrical notes that you have struck here, juxtapose so impactfully against the content. Really a powerful, powerful piece … visceral and relatable. 'made her plans, in the bedroom mirror' just blows me away … those bedroom mirrors: the scene of a lot of hope and heartache.

Mary said...

I really like this well told story. Actually I am picturing it being a country-western song being sung. It has that musical quality to it! Nicely penned.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, I too got that song-like feeling from this.

brudberg said...

I love how you used contrasts here... two opposites at one is a great way to paint the complexity of what happens...
The way you subtly changed the refrain in the last stanza is brilliant

Margaret said...

"was" and there is the ending she deserves!

Thotpurge said...

This would be so good to listen to or even as a song!

Old Egg said...

Sadly love is never equal, sometimes more take than give. Your words had great rhythm to them and were quite visual.

dsnake1 said...

The words should be put to music!
we all had our wild days and i am glad you walked away.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Love is dance of contradictions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...