Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stranger

I have been working some weird and wonderful shifts and I would suggest that ya never, ever do a split shift!
Not sure if it’s old age starting ta creep up on me or the fact that I am increasing my work load or even the fact that I haven’t worked this long in a few years. Not that it really matters my time management still sucks. My writing output is almost zero and my sleeping is inconsistent with my requirements. To top that off, I still feel trapped, stifled by the system that I was suppose ta be out of three weeks ago.
It appears I have become a stranger to some friends and family. Remaining distant and reclusive to a certain degree. Whether this is good or not, I don’t know. It seems ok to me yet to some I have become different. I enjoy the way I am evolving, the way I am growing.
Why hold back now? Why not move ahead full steam. Take chances. Experience the thrill of the unknown.
I am a stranger to friends and family but I am no stranger to myself.
Steve Boddey Nov 2008

13 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

You're fortunate you're not a stranger to yourself! Sometimes we know ourselves less than we know other people.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes circumstance forces us to become strangers. It takes a heartbeat to make up for it.

latree said...

just flow like water in the river. old friends become strangers, but on the way you'll find strangers become new friends

the stranger I've known

lilly said...

I enjoyed reading your piece. I can relate to it. Nice work!

Gemma Wiseman said...

That last statement is quite a confident affirmation! Love how this piece worked through alternatives to get there!

Roan said...

To be a stranger to yourself would be strange in itself.

Linda Jacobs said...

Good for you! If you don't know yourself, you can't really know anyone.

Anonymous said...

It's old age mate, take it from me.

me said...

we all know our own hearts, so best not be a stranger to yourself! :)

Tumblewords: said...

Nah. It's not old age. It must be the work load. Must be.

linda may said...

I relate to this as there are times that my hubby has been like that in providing a living for us.

Kindness said...

You are not a stranger to me. You are always snake... a loving kind considerate human.

Head Cookie said...

Always best you know who you are first. Be true to yourself. Hugs Steve.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...