Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Story Time Part 42

The story starts HERE

King of Dreams
by
Harry N Down

It takes about 20 minutes to get to Sandra’s place.
The road is just off the main track and reminds us both of those movies where there is nothing as far as the eye can see.
There is just a letterbox and a dirt road leading to our destination.
It is not really that bad but our imaginations are ripe.
We pull up outside and we see Sandra standing on the porch waving.
Her partner Mark standing over what we figure is a BBQ glances up and beckons us over.
“Good day. I’m Steve and this is me mate Kev.”
“Hi there, welcome to our home. Please come on and make yourselves welcome.”
I grab the esky from the car as Kev takes the bags.
“Here ya go a bag of pressies for you lot.” Kev heartily hands over the bag.
“You shouldn’t have.” Sandra takes the bag reluctantly.
“Oh yes we should have.” I retort.
“Now! Where do we put these drinks?”  
Sandra introduces us to Mark as I get me and Kev a beer.
“Yoah! Mark you wanna a beer?”
Mark nods and then carry’s on with whatever he is doing.
Kev makes his way over to Mark, handing him a beer he asks what he is up too.
“Just cleaning the BBQ. It hasn’t been used for quite a while.”
“Ya ever thought of using salt? A bit of oil and salt should clean it up a treat mate. No chemicals that way. El natural.” Kev smiles and swigs his beer.
Mark laughs out as Kev starts giving him a hand. 
Sandra and I stand on the porch. I gaze across the vast open spaces.
It is hard to believe after the hectic and claustrophobic cities that the USA has empty space.
“You want to have a look around.” Sandra asks.
“Sure. That would be nice.”
I get the royal tour through the house and then we venture back outside where Sandra introduces me to the cats, the donkeys, the lamas and the cows.
“You know I really appreciated your support way back when we first met. I mean on the internet.” Sandra statement comes out of the blue.
“I never got to tell you that it meant a lot and helped me greatly.”
I turn and look into those beautiful green eyes. “Oddly enough I knew. Thanks are not required. I do things because I can and it is the way I am.”
“Let’s get another beer.” I say trying to avoid any more discussion on the matter.
Sandra takes my hand leans over and kisses my cheek. “I will always have a place in my heart for you.”
I wink at her. “You had better!” She slaps me and laughs.

To be continued .................................


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

✨❤✨

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...