Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Manic Moments

We will take all your money!
Over the time I have had to pay child support I have had large back payments build up on 3 occasions.
I am happy to report that on ALL occasions it was their fault!

It seems that for all the gloss over that Child Support Australia (CSA) dish out they truly are the most incompetent group of government public nuisances that exist.

When, (due to no fault of your own) there is an arrears they are kind enough to send you a letter DEMANDING payment immediately or else! Then there is the usual list of what they will do to you if you do not pay up. So you get threatened, terrorised and intimidated all due to their cock up.
The best bit is there is absolutely fuck all you can do about it other than call them up and plead your case.

There is no accountability for CSA. You can make a complaint that is totally ignored and in all cases never acknowledged. Believe me I know I have tried.
They use to have an email service for those overseas but now you can email them but they will not reply due to some rules that were put in place because they had so many complaints.

Last Christmas I emailed my new set of details. I updated my information and requested an update on how much I was required to pay. All I received was an automated response verifying receipt of my email.
For quite a few weeks I continually emailed and eventually phoned leaving messages to contact me.
We will screw you over!
Nothing ever happened!
I contacted the Inland Revenue Department over here asking them to assist however they have to wait till they hear from Australia before they can do anything. Back to emails and phone calls.

Upon finally making contact the excuse was "I hadn't got around to it."
THANK YOU very much I then owed $600 nzd.

It is all done and dusted now but I had to have a wry smile when I received this years update of how much I will be paying in child support this year.
Voluntary Payment of X amount.
It's not a voluntary payment you idiots it is a payment that I have to make. I have no choice!

I make my payments myself, as one can not trust the CSA to even get ya banking debt right. (Yes they screwed that up too.) I pay a little extra each week in the hope that the next screw up will have minimal effect.
This year the payments remain the same so I guess that is why they haven't stuffed up again.
That's my Monday Manic Moment thank you for reading and have a great week.

Whitesnakes do it better .........................  cos CSA is impotent

2 comments:

KB said...

Don't let the bastards wear you down babe. Just keep doing what you're doing. You have no control over what the idiots do xxxx

Anonymous said...

"Don't Get me Started on the CSA ! What I don't understand is why the hell there is not a subject in high school to teach young folk about how they will be F#%ked over good and propper, if they eva seperate in a relaitionship, where there are children involved. As a previous VICTOM of the CSA legislation I must admit though, the laws are tipping to near the even balance, between males and females when it comes to residency. The CSA legislation was introduced in 1989 primarily to free the family law courts from a rise in desputes and a clogging of the courts. I somehow survived and lived through the tweeking of the rules 20 yrs ago because back then it was pretty rare that any father would be aloud to keep his kids. Even society had just assumed mothers were the best carers I can recall alot of dads who took there own lives not haveing the ability to deal with the CSA and there inability for compassion after all no seperation is an easy thing to deal with. Then throw in the loss of any insentive to improove ones income capasity. How is it fair, that someone can calculate a sum a % of an income for the purpose of providing for a child and in the same breath remove the right of how it is spent on that child. when it comes to area's payments The CSA sent me a letter once it said something like we the CSA would like to propose that I take a loan for the purpose of paying out the arreas as the interest the CSA charges by far outways the interest charged by the majority of the lending institutions. I know of a parent who is on a pension has been seperated for over 15 yrs there children are married and living indipendently, now there is an amout outstanding that is likley never to end as the payments deducted from the pension is only enough to cover the interest charged, so the other parent recieves nothing and the CSA keeps the interest payment so with the children grown up and gone one parent has this bill for the rest of there lives good old CSA."

Young Stretch

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...