Monday, August 19, 2019

My Service Record



July 14th, 1975 I joined the Royal Australian Navy, alas I only lasted 2 years as they could not teach me to swim and I suffered severely from seasickness.

Maybe I watched JAWS one too many times, who knows. Although it was tough I enjoyed my time and actually offered to remain a lesser ranking seaman so as to stay in the service of the RAN. Unfortunately, that was not an option.

Even though I spent a mere 2 years in service, the connection and the commitment to serve one's country as well as the undying connection to all those with whom I met and served with is something that is NEVER forgotten.

I never fought in a war (thank god) I never had to face a natural disaster and I never had to farewell anyone from my company.

I have respect for those that have and still serve. I shed tears for the fallen and the VETS that struggle and am a brother to anyone, anywhere in any country that serves their country for the betterment of the world.

Author
Steve Boddey

2 comments:

KB said...

Thank you for your service x

Whitesnake said...

Love you too Karen Boddey xxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...