Friday, October 22, 2021

Stop the World I want to get off.

 



With all that is going on in the world the state of my mental health has been suffering. The constant bombardment of articles about Covid and how we are all going to die if we don't do this or that is relentless as it is futile.

I saw my GP who offered medication, counselling and the obligatory "only you can change your thought process". All of which I have done before with minimal success. I know what to do, I know all about different techniques, they just don't seem to resonate with me.

If I could stop the world I would get off for a while but I can't so I didn't, well not literally. 

I did do it in my head and took time to think about why I get so worked up over things I have no control over.

I am old school and the old school doesn't fit in well with today's society.

I was taught how to think not what to think I value honesty and integrity and my word is my bond. I have the skill of using common sense which appears to have been lost over the years. My expectations/standards in regards to everyday life are high and I have always been accountable for my actions and hence my conflict. I am trying to fit into a world that has become foreign to me and I fear I will lose myself.

So in my mind, I stop the world and get off, remind myself of all the good traits I have (that are tried and tested) realise that just because I live in a forever changing world I don't have to conform nor change I merely have to go along for the ride on this ship of fools.

Author

Steve Boddey


3 comments:

KB said...

Long time, no post xxxx

Kelly Ann said...

Today's world often feels very alien to me. It's uncaring, selfish and most people in the 20-40 age group seem to think anyone older, or anything that happened before they were born is irrelevant. I am someone who believes that people should be free to be who they want as long as they are not hurting anyone else. I also think a world without hate would be a good thing no matter how unrealistic that is.

Whitesnake said...

We can always dream and try living like it Kels.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...