Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesdays Wisdom

"The bright old day now dawns again; the cry runs through the land, in England there shall be dear bread / in Ireland, sword and brand; and poverty, and ignorance, shall swell the rich and grand, so rally round the rulers with the gentle iron hand, of the fine old English Tory days; hail to the coming time!"

Charles Dickens


"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye. "
2001: A Space Odyssey 1968

"What we've got here is failure to communicate."
Blue skies nothing but blue skies
Cool Hand Luke 1967

"My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger."
Billy Connolly


"One of the advantages of being Captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."
James T Kirk

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
Clint Eastwood

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."
Frank Zappa

"Impress me? ............. What impress's me? The reflection I get when I look in the mirror!"
Steve Boddey aka Whitesnake.

3 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

The quote about the William Tell Overture cracked me up!

KB said...

Don't ya just love Billy.

James Shott said...

Zappa, Eastwood, Kirk: good stuff.

And Whitesnake ain't bad, either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...