Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Anxiety Paradox




The Anxiety Paradox


 



During my recent CBT session (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) it was brought up that my anxiety was a form of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) from the continuous bullying in different workplaces and the pressure of doing other things which in turn brought us to the anxiety paradox.

In simple terms I am trying to do or struggle to manage doing several things at once.

I am struggling to control my anxiety, cut back on alcohol, exercise regularly, eat healthily, trying to manage on a minimum income and looking to get back to work in a place that suits me and my anxiety.

Then there is my personality, I am empathetic, I care, I am thoughtful, very sociable with a lot more other positive attributes however, these things clash with the world we live in today.

The anxiety paradox occurs when guilt occurs from me feeling I have failed to achieve my goals even if it is not my fault. The want/need factor with alcohol, missing an exercise session, eating fatty food or an unexpected bill will set off my anxiety or lead me to failing one of the other factors then there is the outside world.

Everyday occurrences where other people with an I don’t care attitude cause angst by their actions or the manipulation of pressure to do something via advertising are also part of the paradox.

It’s a catch 22 and a revolving door.

Author Steve Boddey


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...