Monday, November 23, 2015

Anxiety and Moving Forward





I suffer PTSD chronic depression and anxiety I have sort out professional help and it is on going. Due to government requirements there is only so much the people who are helping can do.

After discussions with my therapist we talked about anxiety paradox. Simply put, I am trying to do too many things at once placing a lot of pressure on myself to achieve my goals quickly. This all stems partly from my empathy and professional attitude towards getting things done.

We or rather I decided to stop or try to stop becoming overly concerned about under achieving (by MY standards) and concentrate on getting back on track and looking at the positives of where I am at and how far I have come. Although I have only attempted doing this for a couple of weeks my wife and I have noticed that I deal with issues a lot better two slip ups and only minor increase in anxiety which in turn effected my efforts to reduce drinking only marginally.

I would usually be quite annoyed with myself, however I realise that what I am suffering from and what I want to achieve is going to take time.


Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...