Monday, May 4, 2009

Life is good

The wind whistles its merry tune through the bushes.
The white clouds covered up part of a rainbow.
The sun beams its bright light around the clouds.
Children play. People go about their business as usual.
There is a smile in the air.
It radiates the happiness of life.
The light glistens upon the wet grasses.
A dog joyfully plays.
A cat lazes about in the sun.
Old folk reminisce.
Young ones squeal with delight.
Even the sound of traffic on the motorway feels soothing.
Freshly washed clothes flap in the breeze.
Curtains flow gently back and forth.
The smell of fresh baked bread fills the air.
The scent of flowers caresses the senses.
It all comes together once more.
James Brown.
I must confess.....
I feel good.

Steve Boddey May 2009

8 comments:

anthonynorth said...

A great feelgood poem. I feel good now :-)

poefusion said...

James Brown, I Feel Good. Wasn't that a great song? Your poem certainly hits on every level of 'feel good.' It also made me reminisce about the times when I would sit on my mammaw's porch and talk with her while the cars past us by. Thanks for that. Have a nice day.

paisley said...

what a warm homey feeling i got from this,,, well that's before james brown entered the picture.......

Andy Sewina said...

It must be the sun, beaming its white light around the clouds, 'cos I feel lousy and it's pouring down with rain here, to put it politely.
Cool poem, though, "Stay on the scene..."

Dee Martin said...

na na na na na na na like I knew that I would now....
Must be spring - I remember spring in Michigan. Cold and windy but the sun was out and people came outside just sick of cabin fever - it felt so luxurious :) I get that feeling from this

great poem and go James Brown

Linda Jacobs said...

I love all the specific things you mention! Just a normal, beautiful, wonderful day and poem!

gautami tripathy said...

Welcome back at MPTR!

And writing too.

Keshi said...

yeah I feel like that too...sometimes.

:)

Keshi.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...